Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reflection of 2011

In 2011, many things happen to my family and myself. First, I was laid off from my job of six years at the title insurance company. I enjoyed being a at home Mom, with my son, but a realize that 10 years of office experience with no college degree will not get me the job I wanted.  Since the unemployment department allows people to go back to a two year college and has to be a specific degree.  I decided to go back to college. But at the same time, I was able to find a temporary job with Planar Systems in the Reseller Support department.

Then I got busy, working and going college full time. I decided on getting my Associates in Business Management because I would like to have a job with more responsibilities. Then my husband was gone for two weeks on business trip.  Since I was working full time and going to college at nights, I knew what it felt like being a single mom. 

After Spring term, I was offered my old job back and I took it. The reason being is that it had more opportunities to have a permanent job and have benefits. Since being laid off in January and losing great benefits, it is a goal of my husband and I to find better job with great benefits. I have been going to college and working ever since.

But emotionally, it has been a year of discovering who I am and what I want to do. Before this year, I knew what I wanted but never really did anything about it.  I guess turning 30 does that to some people. How I feel about my birthday is a sore subject and it nothing to do with the age thing. Anyhow, I still feel depress during Christmas season.  I do not know what it is, but right after Thanksgiving til mid-January early February, I am a stick in the mud.  It is hard for me to be happy. This year I really tried to focus on making it better.

Other than that I was trying to figure out what I want to do. Every thing from spiritual, emotional, to physical. Every time I hit a low or pray for guidance I get a new idea or way at looking at things. I have been grateful that I have grown more and learn more in this last year than I did in the last 10 years. So I still pray to God that every year will be happier and better than the last.

No comments: